Hydrofy is the commercial name of Magnesium hydroxide-based flame retardant fillers produced by Nuova Sima.
The range of Hydrofy flame retardants was created in 1986, in order to satisfy the increasing necessity of the market to use non-toxic flame retardants, that have a low environmental impact and an affordable relationship between cost and performance.
The use of Magnesium hydroxide allows the production of Halogen Free Flame Retardant (HFFR) compounds and heavy metals free compounds, with low emission of smoke. Thanks to its peculiar characteristics, Hydrofy can be used with a wide range of polymers, due to its high thermal stability.
The endothermic dehydration of Hydrofy begins around 290°; this property presents different advantages:
- Reduction of heat released by polymer combustion.
- Dilution of oxygen with water vapor, with consequent flame reduction.
- Formation of a residual char which reduces fire propagation.
- Reduction of smoke density and smoke acidity.
(TDS and MSDS)
- Hydrofy G 1.5 – TDS – MSDS
- Hydrofy GS 1.5 – TDS – MSDS
- Hydrofy NG 1.5 – TDS – MSDS
- Hydrofy HD 1.5 – TDS – MSDS
- Hydrofy G 2.5 – TDS – MSDS
- Hydrofy GS 2.5 – TDS – MSDS
- Hydrofy NG 2.5 – TDS – MSDS
- Hydrofy G 5 – TDS – MSDS
- Hydrofy NG 5 – TDS – MSDS
- Hydrofy TV 1.5 – TDS – MSDS
- Hydrofy TV 2.5 – TDS – MSDS
- Hydrofy TV 5 – TDS – MSDS